Sunday, September 7, 2014

Bliss - Selftitled (1969)


Bliss - Bliss

Bliss, I love the harmony between the vocals and the guitar in this album. I'm sure this band will remind you a couple classic bands, you can see them as a heavy "The Zombies", or perhaps "Beatles" meeting heavier riffs. I don't know, I'm high on music!


Album information:

01 Ride the Ship of Fools
02 Cry for Love
03 Gangster of Love
04 I Want To Be Free
05 Visions
06 Don't Think
07 I'm Gonna Hurt You
08 Make My Old Soul New
09 Rock Me Baby

Band information:

Raw, heavy power trio from Arizona that recorded at Audio Recorders in Phoenix. The album bears no date, but sounds circa 1970 - comparable perhaps to Wildfire, Banchee or Rock Island. Roughly half the album is top-notch hard rock and it seems surprising that it hasn't been reissued.
Despite having a similar catalogue numbering system, this label seems to be unrelated to the New Mexico-based Canyon Records that issued the Xit albums. The liner notes are written by an East Coast DJ who claims to have "watched them work this thing out for the last five years", suggesting that other recordings by this crew may exist.
Download off mediafire

No comments:

Post a Comment