Saturday, August 22, 2015

Ruth Copeland - Self Portrait & I Am What I Am (1970-71)


Ruth Copeland - Self Portrait & I Am What I Am

And here is my favorite female singer of all time. Members of Parliament-Funkadelic contributed to both of these albums. These albums would not be the same if not for Eddie Hazel's guitar work. Her cover of "Gimme Shelter" is the best I've heard to this day. Strong female vocals, psychedelic funk. "The Medal" is also a song that is a favorite of mine.


Album(s) information:

(1970) - Self Portrait

01. Prologue- Child Of The North
02. Thanks for the Birthday Card
03. Your Love Been So Good To Me
04. The Music Box
05. The Silent Boatman
06. To William In The Night
07. No Commitment
08. I Got A Thing For You Daddy
09. A Gift Of Me

(1971) - I Am What I Am

01 - The Medal
02 - Crying Has Made Me Stronger
03 - Hare Krishna
04 - Suburban Family Lament
05 - Play With Fire
06 - Don't You Wish You Had (What You Had When You Had It)
07 - Gimme Shelter
Download off mediafire

2 comments: